Licensing and Attribution
Unless otherwise indicated, the content on this blog is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license (CC BY). This means that:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s) for the post. The name of a post author is specified in the by-line or, if no by-line exists, at the end of the post under “author”.
- Any third party can use the article freely as long as its original authors and citation details are identified. This includes a link to the post if used in an online publication, or citing blogs.egu.eu for print materials, together with the author’s name.
Note that this licence applies to the text on the blog. While some images are licensed under Creative Commons, others have been reproduced with permission from the author. Please check the original source for information on how they are licensed before using them.
To summarise, this license means anyone is free
- to Share — to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- to Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. The original authors and source must be given credit. You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- For any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are.